Didupe & Ermai Waterfall Trek
Didupe & Ermai waterfalls lies in the base of Charmadi Ghat ( Chikmagalur, Karnataka)
Didupe falls is a stream of water falling from great height in one step and forms a decent pond structure in the base. Here, with little difficulty, you can go beneath the waterfall and take a good bath. If you would like to swim, can spend some time swimming too. Falling from a great height, the outpouring Didupe creates a pond structure in the base. You will find it difficult to resist yourself from jumping in. But the pond in the base won't be steep and wide so that swimming will not be satisfactory.
Ermai falls is multi level waterfalls and if you are little adventurous, then you can go into the natural carvings of the waterfall in the middle level and see the water falling in front of you. It is an amazing experience where you see waterfalls standing in the mid level.
But to reach both the falls, you will be trekking for almost 15 KM in total. Also, since the waterfalls hold huge rocky structures, they would be slippery during any other season rather than summer.
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Easy to Moderate
- The total Trek/Hike distance is in between 12 to 15 KM’s (Easy)
- Climbing to Ermai waterfall's cascading carving levels can be difficult for some as it needs concentration, stability, fitness and risk taking capability. (Our outdoor leaders can guide you through this thrilling experience)
- Sightseeing and Heritage walk
- Camping activities (If condition permits)
- Recreational and Fun games / Mud activities
- The pickup from Bangalore will start at around 10:30 PM, Departure from Bangalore.
- When you wake up, you will be surrounded by astonishing beauty of western ghats.
- After reaching Didupe village we will walk till our Base camp / Homestay, there will will freshen up and have our breakfast, in breakfast we will be getting the local cuisine.
- We will start our trek after our breakfast, the trek till waterfall consists a lot within as before reaching to the waterfall location we will indulge into a lot of sports and recreational activities (Mud games). After the mud games we will freshen up and have our Lunch in a local villager’s home.
- Post lunch we will go to the first waterfall i.e. Didupe waterfall by passing through the dense Jungle and flowing water streams.
- Before sunset we will reach our basecamp and set up our camp by pitching the tents. Then we will have our Dinner over there and post After dinner will will bonfire and do some mindful camping activities.
- We will go for a early morning trek till Ermai waterfall trek, and you will surely get mesmerised by this natural beauty hidden from the outside world.
- Then we will return back to our basecamp and have our breakfast over there. After stocking up our tummies we will take our leave from the village and our local hosts.
- Our next destination is Belur temple which was built on the banks of the Yagachi River in Belur by the Hoysala King Vishnuvardhana, it will come on the way to Bangalore. There we will explore this architectural marvel and spend some quality time over there.
- After having our Lunch at some restaurant we will continue our journey to Bangalore.
- Outdoor leader charges
- 2 Breakfast | 1 Lunch | 1 Dinner
- Accommodation - Homestay / Tents and sleeping bags (2 to 4 sharing) and camping activities
- First Aid
- Monuments entry charge
- Forest entry fee
- Recreational activities and sports
- Travel cost (Actual travel cost will be divided equally between the total number of participants joining for the event/trip, It will come approximately 1000 per head)
- 2nd day Lunch
- Personal expenses (Snacks, mineral water, etc)
- Any extra expenditure not mentioned in inclusions.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances.
INSTRUCTIONS AND GUIDELINES:
- All participants will have to carry their backpack and Tents/sleeping bags allocated to them.
- All participants have to fill the form before boarding for the trip and must bring a valid ID proof along with them.
- For safety, All participants must follow the Outdoor leader’s instructions and must not stay away from the group. Itineraries are subjected to change during the event depending upon the situations.
- Do not wear tight jeans or shorts during the trek. Tight clothes can be uncomfortable for the trek, also bare body exposure to wild grass can cause allergic reactions.
- During the trek and stay, only locally available food will be provided.
- Its an adventurous and outdoor travel event trip, so please do not expect any luxury for stay, sanitation or any other unexpected situation that may occur during the whole trip. We will try our best to provide you the needed facilities during the event.
- Consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicating products is strictly prohibited during this trip.
- Do not litter, do not make loud noises.
- Do not carry valuable ornaments with you during the event, the safety and security of your personal belongings and the tents/sleeping bags provided to you are your responsibility.
- Full T&C: http://www.adventuresome.in/en/Adventuresome-terms-and-conditions/
- FAQ’s: http://www.adventuresome.in/en/Frequently-asked-questions/
- Checkout out upcoming events: http://www.adventuresome.in/en/Upcoming/
THINGS TO BRING/CARRY:
- Shoes with good rubber grip
- Water Bottle (2 Liters)
- WindCheater (In case if it rains) or Jacket (It may be cold at night)
- Extra pair of clothes
- Personal medical kit (If needed)
- Cap or HeadWrap
- Snacks/Protein bars for Instant energy
- Vaseline or Sunscreen
- Spare batteries or Power Bank
- Plastic covers (to keep your stuff dry)
HEALTH AND FITNESS: Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
TICKET COST: INR 3000/- + travelling
(Travelling cost will be divided equally among the total number of participants)
Pay via UPI or Bank transfer and get rid of Payment gateway Convenience Fee*
(NOTE: Take a screenshot (or keep "Transaction Details") of the payment made to Adventuresome via UPI or Bank Transfer)
1. UPI ADDRESS: adventuresome@kotak (Verify the Compay Account name before payment: FOOTSLOGGER PRIVATE LIMITED)
2. ACCOUNT DETAILS:
NAME: FOOTSLOGGER PRIVATE LIMITED
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 4811885337
IFSC code: KKBK0008094
- If you cancel trek/plan before 10 days:
100% refund will be provided. (Payment gateway charges will be deducted)
- If you cancel trek/plan before 7 days:
75% of the actual amount of the trek will be refunded. (Payment gateway charges will be deducted)
- If you cancel trek/plan before 2 days:
50% of the actual amount of the trek will be refunded. (Payment gateway charges will be deducted)
- If you cancel in last 48 hours:
No refund would be provided.
1. Please call or whatsapp 8892203272 / 8553936570
2. Or shoot a mail: email@example.com
3. Website: http://www.adventuresome.in/en/CONTACTS/
SUBSCRIBE TO ADVENTURESOME: