KP, in short for Kumara Parvatha is one of the highest peaks with some of the most amazing views around. It's the second highest peak of coorg standing at 1712 m high and the sixth highest in Karnataka. When you reach the top of the peak, you can witness a spectacular sunset and the view of some surrounding peaks from above the clouds. On the foothills you will find Kumaradhara river where trekkers can take a bath after a amazing trek they just did. Some of the challenging personalities find it to be a purest form of the trekking accessible in southern part of India because if you are not a avid trekker you may find it challenging.
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Moderate to Difficult
- Total 30 KM trek on Steep and hilly terrain surrounded by dense forest.
- Moderate (If you have done 20+ KM treks before)
- Difficult (If you are not a avid trekker)
- Core trekking
- 10:30 pm - We will start the pickup at around 10:30 pm, Departure from Bangalore.
- We will reach the foothills near Kumardhara River by early morning passing through the beautiful ghats.
- Near the parking we will freshen up in Public toilets and then we will go for our Breakfast in a nearby restaurant.
- After finishing our breakfast we will start the first part of our trek i.e. “trek till basecamp” which is a 6 KM stretch through dense Jungle and challenging steep terrain.
- At Lunchtime we will be at the basecamp location, where the Lunch will be provided by “Bhatru mane” - Here! Only the locally available food will be served, no specific choices will be entertained.
- Next, the trek to Kumara Parvatha from the basecamp is 8 Km. Most part of this trek is consists of grasslands. We will stay there at the top till sunset, as soon as the sun goes down we will start to descend so that we can reach the basecamp in time.
- After taking some rest at the basecamp we will go for our dinner at Bhatru-mane. After having our dinner we will play some mindful games and then sleep under billions of stars.
- Wake up!! Sunrise time, the sun rising at this height has its own charm and that to in the mountain range of Coorg.
- We will go for our breakfast and also freshen up in public toilets near the campsite.
- Then we will start our descend to the foothill. There you can also take bath in Kumardhara River.
- After this we will start our journey back to Bangalore, Lunch will be provided on the way to Bangalore.
- Outdoor leader charges
- Accommodation: Tents and Sleeping bags
- Forest department fee
- Camping activities and bonfire (If condition permits)
- First Aid
- 2 Breakfast | 2 Lunch | 1 Dinner (Locally available Veg Meals)
- Travel cost (Actual travel cost will be divided equally between the total number of participants joining for the event/trip)
- Personal expenses (Snacks, mineral water, etc)
- Any extra expenditure not mentioned in inclusions.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances.
INSTRUCTIONS AND GUIDELINES:
- All participants will have to carry their backpack and Tents/sleeping bags allocated to them till the basecamp.
- All participants have to fill the form before boarding for the trip and must bring a valid ID proof along with them.
- For safety, All participants must follow the Outdoor leader’s instructions and must not stay away from the group. Itineraries are subjected to change during the event depending upon the situations.
- Do not wear tight jeans or shorts during the trek. Tight clothes can be uncomfortable for the trek, also bare body exposure to wild grass can cause allergic reactions.
- During the trek and stay, only locally available food will be provided.
- Its an adventurous and outdoor travel event trip, so please do not expect any luxury for stay, sanitation or any other unexpected situation that may occur during the whole trip. We will try our best to provide you the needed facilities during the event.
- Consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicating products is strictly prohibited during this trip.
- Do not litter, do not make loud noises.
- Do not carry valuable ornaments with you during the event, the safety and security of your personal belongings and the tents/sleeping bags provided to you are your responsibility.
- Full T&C: http://www.adventuresome.in/en/Adventuresome-terms-and-conditions/
- FAQ’s: http://www.adventuresome.in/en/Frequently-asked-questions/
THINGS TO BRING/CARRY:
- Shoes with good rubber grip
- Water Bottle (2 Liters)
- WindCheater (In case if it rains) or Jacket (It may be cold at night)
- Extra pair of clothes
- Personal medical kit (If needed)
- Cap or HeadWrap
- Snacks/Protein bars for Instant energy
- Vaseline or Sunscreen
- Spare batteries or Power Bank
- Plastic covers (to keep your stuff dry)
HEALTH AND FITNESS: Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
KUMARA PARVATA (KP) TREK
TICKET COST: INR 2500/- + travelling
(Travelling cost will be divided equally among the total number of participants)
Pay via UPI or Bank transfer and get rid of Payment gateway Convenience Fee*
(NOTE: Take a screenshot (or keep "Transaction Details") of the payment made to Adventuresome via UPI or Bank Transfer)
1. UPI ADDRESS: adventuresome@kotak (Verify the Compay Account name before payment: FOOTSLOGGER PRIVATE LIMITED)
2. ACCOUNT DETAILS:
NAME: FOOTSLOGGER PRIVATE LIMITED
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 4811885337
IFSC code: KKBK0008094
- If you cancel trek/plan before 10 days:
100% refund will be provided. (Payment gateway charges will be deducted)
- If you cancel trek/plan before 7 days:
75% of the actual amount of the trek will be refunded. (Payment gateway charges will be deducted)
- If you cancel trek/plan before 2 days:
50% of the actual amount of the trek will be refunded. (Payment gateway charges will be deducted)
- If you cancel in last 48 hours:
No refund would be provided.
1. Please call or whatsapp 8892203272 / 8553936570
2. Or shoot a mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Website: http://www.adventuresome.in/en/CONTACTS/
SUBSCRIBE TO ADVENTURESOME: