KP, the short form of Kumara Parvatha is the highest peak of Karnataka and has the most breath-taking views.From the top, you can have the pleasure of watching an epic sunset and lay eyes on the neighbouring peaks cutting through the clouds.At the foothills of Kumara Parvatha you can find Kumaradhara River where trekkers can take a dip and get refreshed after the tiresome trek.Some of the challenging personalities find it to be a purest form of the trekking accessible in southern part of India because if you are not a avid trekker you may find it challenging.
- Day 0
- 10:30 pm - We will start the pickup at around 10:30 pm, Departure from Bangalore.
- Day 1
- We will reach the foothills near Kumardhara River by early morning passing through the beautiful ghats.
- Near the parking we will freshen up in Public toilets and then we will go for our Breakfast in a nearby restaurant.
- After finishing our breakfast we will start the first part of our trek i.e.
- At Lunchtime we will be at the basecamp location, where the Lunch will be provided by
- Next, the trek to Kumara Parvatha from the basecamp is 8 Km. Most part of this trek is consists of grasslands. We will stay there at the top till sunset, as soon as the sun goes down we will start to descend so that we can reach the basecamp in time.
- After taking some rest at the basecamp we will go for our dinner at Bhatru-mane. After having our dinner we will play some mindful games and then sleep under the sky full of stars.
- Day 2
- Wake up!! Sunrise time, the sun rising at this height has its own charm and that to in the mountain range of Coorg.
- We will go for our breakfast and also freshen up in public toilets near the campsite.
- Then we will start our descend to the foothill. There you can also take bath in Kumardhara River.
- After this we will start our journey back to Bangalore, Lunch will be provided on the way to Bangalore.
Total 30 KM trek on Steep and hilly terrain surrounded by dense forest. Moderate (If you have done 20+ KM treks before) Difficult (If you are not a avid trekker)
Event Origin Place
- Silk board,Bangalore
- Tin factory,Bangalore
- Jalahalli cross,Bangalore
- All participants will have to carry their backpack and Tents/sleeping bags allocated to them
- All participants have to fill the form before boarding for the trip and must bring a valid ID proof along with them
- During the trek and stay, only locally available food will be provided
- All should follow the outdoor leader to ensure their safety.
- Do not wear tight clothes, they can be uncomfortable.
- As it is an adventurous and outdoor trip, please do not expect any luxurious stay, sanitation or any other unexpected situation that may arise during the course of the trip.
- Do not litter, do not make loud noises.
- Do not carry valuable ornaments with you during the event, the safety and security of your personal belongings and the tents/sleeping bags provided to you are your responsibility.
- Outdoor leader charges
- First Aid
- Accommodation Tents and Sleeping bags
- Camping activities and bonfire (If condition permits)
- Food (2 breakfast, 1 lunch & 1 dinner)
- Jungle Entry Charges.
- Travel cost (total cost of the whole trip would be shared among total no of people joining the trip).
- 2nd day Lunch
- Personal expenses (Snacks, mineral water, etc)
- Any extra expenditure not mentioned.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances.
Things To Bring
- Shoes with good rubber grip
- Water (2 Litres)
- Windcheaters(In case if it rains) or Jacket (It may be cold at night)
- Extra pair of clothes for those who wish to take bath while kayaking
- Personal medical kit (If needed)
- Cap or HeadWrap
- Snacks/Protein bars for Instant energy
- Vaseline or Sunscreen
- Safety measure to follow in monsoon: Put full clothes carry enough money to put your camera and phone in a polythene cover in case of rain.
- Spare batteries or Power Bank
Write a review
Have a Query? Get in touch !