Weekend Agriculture – Chitradurga treks
Have you ever experienced how farming is done? Ever thought of doing Agriculture?
Adventuresome in curating a new experience for the people who are interested in giving back to the society and farmers. We have been tied with farmers in Chitradurga who are ready to host us, explaining how farming activities are done by sharing their knowledge and teach agricultural so that urban population learns about farming and get connected with nature.
ABOUT THE PLACE:
Chitradurga gets its name from Chitrakaldurga meaning Picturesque Fort. The city is surrounded by Rock Fort to the west, Hilly areas to East, Jogimatti Forest and Vedavati River Valley to the south.
Places of Interest: Fort, Chandravalli Caves, Jogimatti Hill station, Adumalleshwara Zoo, Wind Mills, Vani Vilas Sagar Dam and Murugharajendra Mutt with a large park.
Rich in History – Nayakas of Chitradurga ruled under Vijayanagara Empire until Hyder Ali captured the fort after an unsuccessful attempt which made Onake Obavva a legend. And then Lost to British.
Pick up Point: Bangalore (Ask for pick up from other locations)
Trek Grade: Easy
Max. Elevation: 976 m / 3202 ft
Best season: Rainy & Winter. Summers are bit inconvenient.
Activities: Weekend Agriculture, Rock Climbing, Waterfalls, Trekking, Camping, BBQ, Bonfire
Trek Start & End Location: Chitradurga
DAY 1 : Rock Climbing Exploration & Trek
Overnight journey on the previous day.
- Get fresh, have breakfast, Trek and explore fort & explore crags suitable for natural anchoring
- Explore 80 ft Chandravalli caves – 5 km from the fort
- If time permits, visit Vani Vilas Sagar built across River Vedavathi by Mysore Wodeyars.
- Pitch tents in farm, campfire, BBQ and dinner.
DAY 2 : Weekend Agriculture
- Get up early and visit a near by quarry filled with water for swimming.
- Have breakfast and indulge in farming activities till evening with sufficient rest under tree shade and lunch.
- Depart to Bangalore at 6PM and reach by 10PM
- 1 night stay at Home Stay/Camping.
- Spacious dome tents, sleeping bags.
- Veg BBQ.
- Local trek guide.
- Permissions and Entry fees.
- Medical first aid support by AHA certified personnel.
- BBQ, Bonfire and unlimited fun
- Cost varies depending on transportation & activities you select.
- Personal expenses.
- Anything which is not mentioned in inclusions
- Alcohol allowed?
No Intoxication is allowed. If found doing any intoxication, your booking will be considered terminated.
- Can I customize this trip?
Yes, you can customize all our trips according to your convenience. We’ll try our best to fit you in into the group.
- Kids allowed?
Yes, kids are allowed free of cost till the age of 10. This initiative is to encourage parents whom we want to encourage their kids to “Get Outdoors”.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Trekking shoes
- Backpack (40-60 litres), Water proof
- Socks (2 pairs): One sports socks, A pair of woolen socks for the night if trek is in winter.
- Salt/Snuff Powder to avoid leeches during rainy and post rainy season or Anti-leech socks.
- Headlamp/Torch: Mandatory
- Toiletries (Sunscreen, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste).
- Two water bottles: 1 litre each.
- Personal Medications if any
- Plastic covers/Water proof covers to keep wet cloths separately and extra if backpack is not 100% water proof