Didupe & Ermai waterfalls lies in the base of Charmadi Ghat ( Chikmagalur, Karnataka). Didupe falls is a stream of water falling from great height in one step and forms a decent pond structure in the base. Here, with little difficulty, you can go beneath the waterfall and take a good bath. If you would like to swim, can spend some time swimming too. Falling from a great height, the outpouring Didupe creates a pond structure in the base. You will find it difficult to resist yourself from jumping in. The pond at the base is not so deep and wide, so swimming in it is not so satisfactory. Ermai falls is multi level waterfalls and if you are little adventurous, then you can go into the natural carvings of the waterfall in the middle level and see the water falling in front of you. It is an amazing experience where you see waterfalls standing in the mid level.But to reach both the falls, you will be trekking for almost 15 KM in total. Also, the waterfall contains huge rock structure, which very slippery in every season except for summer.
- Day 0
- 10:30 pm - We will start the pickup at around 10:30 pm, Departure from Bangalore.
- Day 1
- When you wake up, you will be surrounded by astonishing beauty of western ghats.
- After reaching Didupe village we will walk till our Base camp / Homestay, there will freshen up and have our breakfast,in breakfast we will be getting the local cuisine.
- We will start our trek after our breakfast, the trek till waterfall consists a lot within as before reaching to the waterfall location we will indulge into a lot of sports and recreational activities (Mud games). After the mud games we will freshen up and have our Lunch in a local villager
- Post lunch we will go to the first waterfall i.e. Didupe waterfall by passing through the dense Jungle and flowing water streams.
- Before sunset we will reach our basecamp and set up our camp by pitching the tents. Then we will have our Dinner over there and post After dinner will will bonfire and do some mindful camping activities.
- Day 2
- We will go for a early morning trek till Ermai waterfall trek, and you will surely get mesmerised by this natural beauty hidden from the outside world.
- Then we will return back to our basecamp and have our breakfast over there. After stocking up our tummies we will take our leave from the village and our local hosts.
- Our next destination is Belur temple which was built on the banks of the Yagachi River in Belur by the Hoysala King Vishnuvardhana, it will come on the way to Bangalore. There we will explore this architectural marvel and spend some quality time over there.
- After having our Lunch at some restaurant we will continue our journey to Bangalore.
Easy to Moderate - The total Trek/Hike distance is in between 12 to 15 KM
Event Origin Place
- Silk board,Bangalore
- Tin factory,Bangalore
- Jalahalli cross,Bangalore
- All participants will have to carry their backpack and Tents/sleeping bags allocated to them
- All participants have to fill the form before boarding for the trip and must bring a valid ID proof along with them
- During the trek and stay, only locally available food will be provided
- For safety, All participants must follow the Outdoor leade r
- Do not wear tight jeans hike. Tight clothes can be uncomfortable.
- As it is an adventurous and outdoor trip, please do not expect any luxurious stay, sanitation or any other unexpected situation that may arise during the course of the trip..
- Drinking of alcohol or carrying any kind of intoxicating products during the course of the trip is strictly prohibited.
- Do not litter, do not make loud noises.
- Do not carry valuable ornaments with you during the event, the safety and security of your personal belongings and the tents/sleeping bags provided to you are your responsibility.
- Outdoor leader charges
- Life jacket
- First Aid
- Monuments entry charge
- Accommodation Tents and Sleeping bags
- Food (2 breakfast, 1 lunch & 1 dinner)
- Jungle Entry Charges.
- Recreational activities and sports
- Travel Cost (Actual travel cost will be shared equally by the total no of participants joining for the trip)
- 2nd day Lunch
- Personal expenses (Snacks, mineral water, etc)
- Any extra expenditure not mentioned.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances.
Things To Bring
- Shoes with good rubber grip
- Water (2 Litres)
- Windcheaters(In case if it rains) or Jacket (It may be cold at night)
- Extra pair of clothes for those who wish to take bath while kayaking
- Personal medical kit (If needed)
- Cap or HeadWrap
- Snacks/Protein bars for Instant energy
- Vaseline or Sunscreen
- Monsoon Safety Measures: Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Spare batteries or Power Bank