The Great Himalayan Ride
Delhi to Leh via Manali | 2500Kms
“Bike trip to the Mighty Himalayas” – This will surely give goosebumps to all the bikers out there around the world. And when your destination is Leh – The cold Desert, you know how beautiful your journey is going to be. To your surprise, we are going to cross all the major places of the Northwestern Himalayan range from your Checklist. So Fasten your backpacks, look into the eyes of your Motorcycle and say “Darling! let’s go”. This bike trip passes through some of the most challenging and breathtaking landscapes of the Himalayan mountain range. The Humongous mountains, the churning freshwater streams, the snake-like roads and the high altitude awe-inspiring passes, the remote of the remotest villages and the celebration of life – Add one of the greatest bike ride adventures to your checklist. It’s not an easy ride, because most of the time you will be riding on some of the highest motorable roads in the world of altitudes touching 13000 feet and above. But what is the meaning of Adventure if it doesn’t make your heart beat faster, doesn’t give you that touch of an adrenaline rush… ROAD MAP OF THE TRIP:- Manali, Kullu, Rohtang pass, Darcha, Baralacha pass, Sarchu ,Gata loops, Nakeela top, Pang, Morey plains, Tanglang la pass, Indus valley, Indus river, Leh city, Monetries, Shanti stupa, Pangong lake , Changla pass , Nubra valley, Khardungla pass.
- Night 1 (10 PM): Departure from Delhi, Whole night journey till Chandigarh (~250 Km, Delhi to Chandigarh)
- Journey continues at sharp morning from Chandigarh to Manali (whole day), Meanwhile breakfast, Lunch and sightseeing on the way to Manali (Chandigarh to Manali – 300 Km). .
- Night 2: Overnight stay in Manali at a riverside Hotel.
- Departure from Hotel at sharp morning to avoid traffic till Rohtang pass, Sightseeing at Rohtang pass at 3978 mtrs (1 to 2 Hours) , Then the journey continues till Keylong village. (Manali to Keylong – 120 Km)
- Night 3: Overnight stay at Keylong Village.
- Journey starts in the Morning till Sarchu or Pang , meanwhile sightseeing at Darcha, Baralacha pass gata loops. (Keylong to Sarchu or Pang – 110 Km, 170 Km)
- Night 4: Overnight stay in camp at Sarchu or Pang.
- Journey continues to leh via Tanglang La pass – 5328 mtr (Sarchu to Leh – 260 km)
- Night 5: Overnight stay at main Leh city in a Hotel
- Journey to Pangong lake (175 km) at sharp morning via Chang La pass 5360 mtr,Pangong lake is 135 km long at the elevation of 4249 mtr.
- Night 6: Overnight stay at pangong lake at camp.
- Journey continues to Nubra valley from Pangong lake (161 km)
- Night 7: Overnight stay at Nubra valley.
- Back to leh (115 km) city via Khardungla pass 5602 mtr (highest motorable pass in the world) , visit leh city , monasteries , museum and tibetan market etc.
- Night 8: Overnight stay at Leh city
- Journey starts back to Delhi via Manali and optional via Srinagar highway, journey to Sarchu
- Night 9: Overnight stay at Sarchu camp.
- Journey back to Keylong or Manali
- Night 10: Overnight stay at Manali in a hotel.
- Journey back to delhi at sharp morning
- Night 11: Arrive delhi before midnight.
- English/Hindi speaking tour guide
- Accommodation: Tents,hotel
- First Aid
- Outdoor leader, SUV Driver and mechanic
- all meals
- Camping activities and bonfire (If condition permits)
- Bikes on Rent : Royal Enfield 350cc and 500cc ( Valid ID proofs and security) / SUV on rent with guide cum driver ( Scorpio or Innova)
- Fuel for the vehicles
- Extra Snacks and Drinks
- River rafting and other activities (On request)
- Any extra expenditure not mentioned.
- Any kind of Life or medical insurence (But it is recommended for every participant to get insurence before the commencement the journey)
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances.
- All participants have to fill the form before boarding for the trip and must bring a valid ID proof along with them
- FAll people should follow the outdoor leader to ensure their safety and no one should leave the group till the end of the trip.Itineraries are subjected to change during the event depending upon the situations.
- Do not wear tight clothes,they can be uncomfortable.
- Its an adventurous and outdoor travel event trip, We will try our best to provide you the needed facilities during the event.
- Do not litter
- Do not carry valuable ornaments with you during the event, the safety and security of your personal belongings are your responsibility.
THINGS TO BRING
- Shoes good rubber grip , Flip-flop
- Valid identity proof document
- Jacket (It may be cold at night)
- 4 pair of clothes
- Personal medical kit (If needed)
- Cap or HeadWrap
- Vaseline or Sunscreen
- Spare batteries or Power Bank
- Plastic covers (to keep your stuff dry)
Sundar Mandal –
It was simply superb superb superb as a whole. There were a lot of difficulties in between but when I think about the experience, every difficulty seems to be negligible. We had to ride a lot every day but were allowed to relax at times near any stream or spend some time near the peaks. The Pangong Lake was looking so beautiful from a far distance itself. The peaks near the lake give more beauty to the lake. We did rafting also in Ladakh which was an amazing adventure. Also, carry your license always with you.