The other side of Goa
It is one of the tallest four-tiered waterfalls which ranks fifth, situated in Mandovi River, in Bhagwan Mahaveer sanctuary and mollem national park in the Western Ghats. Surrounded by deciduous forest with rich biodiversity and forming the border between Karnataka and Goa states. Does this humongous waterfall need any introduction? Take a bow! Dudhsagar Waterfalls it is.. Dudhsagar waterfalls promises every year to mesmerize people who visit it in the monsoons. People get awestruck by the immense waterfall flowing down with pride!
ABOUT THE PLACE:
Dudhsagar waterfalls is a four-tiered waterfall situated in Mandovi River in Bhagwan Mahaveer sanctuary at the border of Karnataka and Goa. DudhSagar waterfalls is one of the tallest waterfalls which has an elevation of 310 meters (1017 feet) and an average width of 30 meters (100 feet). The falls are situated in Bhagwan Mahaveer sanctuary and mollem national park in the Western Ghats.
- 10:30 pm – We will start the pickup at around 10:30 pm, Departure from Bangalore.
- 12 noon: Reach Kulem and have our Lunch.
- We start out trek through Bhagwan Mahaveer sanctuary jungle (almost 4-5 hours of trek passing through multiple water streams in the jungle).
- Reach the dudhsagar falls and enjoy the breath-taking views to the fullest.Then return back to the basecamp for camping and activities with local cuisine in dinner menu.We will play some mindful and fun games at the campsite and then sleep under the sky full of stars.
- After having our breakfast we’ll start our trek back to reach kulem railway station.
- Reach Kulem railway station by afternoon and have lunch over there
- Board the bus and departure for Bangalore.
- Silk board,Bangalore
- Tin factory,Bangalore
- Jalahalli cross,Bangalore
- Outdoor leader charges
- Life jacket
- First Aid
- Accommodation Tents and Sleeping bags
- Food (2 breakfast, 1 lunch & 1 dinner)
- Jungle Entry Charges.
- Travel cost (total cost of the whole trip would be shared among total no of people joining the trip).
- 2nd day Lunch
- Personal expenses (Snacks, mineral water, etc)
- Any extra expenditure not mentioned.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances.
- All participants will have to carry their backpack and Tents/sleeping bags allocated to them
- All participants have to fill the form before boarding for the trip and must bring a valid ID proof along with them
- During the trek and stay, only locally available food will be provided
- All participants should follow the outdoor leader to ensure their safety.
- Do not wear tight clothes, they can be uncomfortable.
- As it is an adventurous and outdoor trip, please do not expect any luxury stay, sanitation or any other unexpected situation that may arise during the course of the trip
- Do not litter, do not make loud noises.
- Do not carry valuable ornaments with you during the event, the safety and security of your personal belongings and the tents/sleeping bags provided to you are your responsibility.
THINGS TO BRING
- Shoes with good rubber grip
- Water (2 Litres)
- Windcheaters(In case if it rains) or Jacket (It may be cold at night)
- Extra pair of clothes for those who wish to take bath while kayaking
- Personal medical kit (If needed)
- Cap or HeadWrap
- Snacks/Protein bars for Instant energy
- Vaseline or Sunscreen
- Safety measure to follow in monsoon: Put full clothes, carry enough money, put your camera and phone in a polythene cover in case of rain.
- Spare batteries or Power Bank