The Grand Canyon of India
The Belum caves are the longest and largest cave system in which public allowed visiting. It is present in the Indian subcontinent famous for its speleothems, such as stalactite and stalagmite formations.You can encounter long passages, galleries, spacious caverns with fresh water and siphons in the Belum caves.This cave system was formed over tens of thousands of years ago because of the constant flow of natural underground water.The cave system reaches its deepest point ( 46 m (151 ft) from entrance level) at the point known as Patalganga. Belum caves are the second largest cave system in the Indian subcontinent after the Krem Liat Prah caves in Meghalaya. The Belum caves are spread across a length of 3,229 meters (10,593.8 feet).Today, 3.5 km of the caves have been successfully explored, though only 1.5 km is accessible to visitors.The caves have 16 different pathways including the main entrance and deposits of quartz in the caves.. The caves consist of black Limestone. Gandikota located in Kadapa district, Andhra Pradesh is a small village that is famous for the amazing gorge formed by the river Pennar that flows through the Erramala hills.
- We will start the pickup at around 6:00 AM, Departure from Bangalore.
- After getting every participant onboard we will stop for breakfast on the way.
- We will be reach Belum caves by 12:30 PM and after having our Lunch in the Belum cave complex, we will go to our cave exploration expedition.In the cave we will explore a lot of hidden gems of the cave within the 1.5 KM stretch.
- After completing the cave exploration and clicking 100
- In Gandikota we will setup our campsite and go for Dinner to taste some delicious local cuisine.
- Sunrise at the viewpoint of Gandikota will be the most alluring experience that you are going to witness on 2nd day
- After investing most of our time staring at the beautiful view of Gandikota, we will explore the whole gandikota fort including large granary, temples, jail, Mosque and the rest of Gandikota village or if intrested you can give try for kayaking
- At around 12 noon we will start our return journey to Bangalore after having our Lunch in the Gandikota village.
- Silk board,Bangalore
- Tin factory,Bangalore
- Jalahalli cross,Bangalore
- Outdoor leader charges
- First Aid
- Accommodation: Tents and Sleeping bags
- Camping activities and bonfire (If condition permits)
- 2 Breakfast | 2 Lunch | 1 Dinner (Locally available Veg Meals)
- Travel cost (total cost of the whole trip would be shared among total no of people joining the trip).
- kayaking charges
- Personal expenses (Snacks, mineral water, etc)
- Any extra expenditure not mentioned.
- All participants will have to carry their backpack and Tents/sleeping bags allocated to them
- All participants have to fill the form before boarding for the trip and must bring a valid ID proof along with them
- During the trek and stay, only locally available food will be provided
- For safety, All participants must follow the Outdoor leader
- Do not wear tight jeans hike. Tight clothes can be uncomfortable.
- As it is an adventurous and outdoor trip, please do not expect any luxurious stay, sanitation or any other unexpected situation that may arise during the course of the trip. We will try our best to provide you the needed facilities during the event.
- Do not litter, do not make loud noises.
- Do not carry valuable ornaments with you during the event, the safety and security of your personal belongings and the tents/sleeping bags provided to you are your responsibility.
THINGS TO BRING
- Shoes with good rubber grip
- Water (2 Litres)
- Windcheaters(In case if it rains) or Jacket (It may be cold at night)
- Extra pair of clothes for those who wish to take bath while kayaking
- Personal medical kit (If needed)
- Cap or HeadWrap
- Snacks/Protein bars for Instant energy
- Vaseline or Sunscreen
- Spare batteries or Power Bank
- Plastic covers (to keep your stuff dry)